Canning Industry Applications
|Download PDF version|
Tooling applications within the canning industry demand materials with both outstanding wear resistance and high surface finish.
Dynamic-Ceramic understands these requirements through years of experience and is able to offer Technox. A revolutionary advanced ceramic with steel like strength but with vastly superior hardness. These properties combined with excellent wear and corrosion resistance makes Technox the idea choice for ceramic tooling.
Supporting both two and three piece can manufactures since 1994 in achieving high priority goals, such as reducing manufacturing cost and improving production quality, has played a key role in the development of our range of tooling.
Technox®, a transformation-toughened ceramic, can eliminate or significantly reduce many of the problems associated with conventional steel and tungsten carbide can-making tooling.
Advantages of Technox® and benefits to the customer include;
- Extended tool life with consistent quality of product.
- Extended tool life with reduced down-time.
- Increased product quality due to the longevity of Technox components.
- Dimensional consistency of product due to the unique surface finish achievable from Technox resulting in reduced friction and metal pick up during production.
- Technox® is both non-magnetic and electrically insulating resulting reduced weld pick up,
- Technox®, the toughness range of industrial ceramics available for metal forming.
Technox® Tooling Applications
Two-piece cans: The adoption of Technox as a standard Kecking Die material by leading can makers has provided them with a four fold increase in tool life, reducing downtime and increasing productivity. Other products include Re-Draw Dies, Ironing Dies and Punch Sleeves.
Three-piece cans: Technox is used for Z-Bar tips, Wire Profile Rolls and Diablo (or Kidney) Rolls together with Forwarding Fingers and Flanging Rolls.
Whether you are a tooling manufacture or end user, Dynamic-Ceramic’s specialists are available to provide full engineering and technical support throughout the concept, design and production stages to ensure that the maximum performance of our material is obtained.
- Silicon Carbide
- Silicon Nitride
- Machineable Ceramics
- Canning Industry Applications
- Hanger Bearing Applications
- Technox 3000 Welding Location Pins
- Grinding Media
- Wire Industry Applications
- Tube Industry Applications
- Manufacturing Routes
- Extrusion Dies – Technox 500
- Cutting Edges
- Oil Refinery Applications
- Pump & Valve Wear Behaviour
- Solid Handling Wear Parts
- Laser Marking and Machining Services