|Download PDF version|
Technox® zirconia ceramic cutting edges possess steel-like strength and ultra-high hardness and display typical life increases of 10 to 60 times, with our record performance being 1,000 times the life of a conventional steel blade. Following several years of extensive development and product testing, the Technox® range of industrial blades is now available to the converting and cutting industry.
- Edge-life increase of up to 60 times
- Vastly improved wear performance
- Give the ultimate edge-cut
- Massive reductions in down-time
- Reduction production scrap
- Low wear rates
- Extremely sharp cutting edge
- No contamination due to oxidation
- Anti-static properties
- Flex similar to steel blades
- High-temperature capabilities
- Corrosion resistant
- Chemically inert
- Non-porous material
- Non-magnetic material
- Low adhesion
The highest-quality manufacturing techniques are used during the production of our blades. Cost benefit analyses comparing Technox® and steel blades show Technox provides the most cost-effective cutting solution. Nearly all forms of Technox cutters and slitters can be supplied to cope with any cutting technique.
Typical applications include
- Shear cutting (paper, film, metal foil), leather cutting, crush cutting and guillotine cuts;
- Slitting of flexible webs from ultra thin to 1 mm thick;
- Plastic monofilm, clear or white pigment;
- Coextruded, laminated, coated films;
Scalpel blades, hand tools and other wear resistant parts are also available in Technox Zirconia Ceramics.
Three grades of “Technox” have been developed to satisfy performance, application, and budget requirements. These are listed below:
General Purpose Application Grade.
Suitable for higher-performance applications where the blade is subjected to higher stress.
A recent development for the most demanding applications, particularly crush cutting. This grade has out performed tungsten carbide cutters by several thousand hours in large volume paper cutting applications.
As the U.K.’s only specialist producer of zirconia ceramics, CoorsTek Crewe offers the complete solution for ceramic blade design and application.
Technox blades and cutters are available in a range of sizes. For paper cutting (lower blade slitters) standard sizes are available from 100 to 300 mm O.D. The inner diameter and cutter width can be customised to individual customer requirements.
Use against steel Blades?
Technox zirconia blades can be used against conventional metallic blades subject to minor adjustments on blade angles and geometry.
CoorsTek Crewe manufactures custom made parts to our customers’ specifications. For more details of our products and services or to discuss your specific requirements, please contact one of our Sales Engineers.
- Silicon Carbide
- Silicon Nitride
- Machineable Ceramics
- Canning Industry Applications
- Hanger Bearing Applications
- Technox 3000 Welding Location Pins
- Grinding Media
- Wire Industry Applications
- Tube Industry Applications
- Manufacturing Routes
- Extrusion Dies – Technox 500
- Cutting Edges
- Oil Refinery Applications
- Pump & Valve Wear Behaviour
- Solid Handling Wear Parts
- Laser Marking and Machining Services