Hanger Bearing Applications
|Download PDF version|
Dynamic-Ceramic Ltd, the leader in zirconia advanced ceramic manufacturing, now offers Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association (CEMA) standard dimension and tolerance Hanger Bearings.
These bearings are made from Technox® 2000 grade Y-TZP Zirconia. This formulation provides some of the toughest, strongest and longest lasting ceramics available. Technox® 2000 can also be up to 40% stronger than Mg-PSZ material.
Technox® 2000 is manufactured to give a very fine microstructure and minimal grain boundary phase to give extremely long life times (and be quiet in-service).
Zirconia ceramic bearings made from Dynamic-Ceramic’s Technox® 2000 material, provides:
- Major increase in bearing life.
- Increase in life of journal and shaft, with a significant reduction in galling.
- Potential noise reduction in many applications.
- Option to use ceramic liner or replace only bottom bearing.
- Manufactured to CEMA standards
Dynamic Ceramic produces the following components for use in Screw Conveyor Hanger Bearing Systems:
Traditional solid ceramic, CEMA standard dimension bearing halves. Hybrid, metal carrier with a ceramic sleeve, CEMA standard dimension bearing halves.
Sleeves for placement in hybrid bearings or replacement of Stellite
Technox® 2000 Bearings provide cost effective solutions in abrasive applications. Here are several impressive case histories…
Application 1: Glass Recycling Plant.
Screwing glass cullett at 50rpm up a 25 degree incline. Severe wear of steel shaft and cast iron hanger bearing.
Problem: Replacement of bearings every 12 weeks, and shaft every 6-8 months.
Solution: Technox 2000 bearings supplied with a recommendation to harden the shaft.
Result: Bearings and shaft lasted 3 years with no maintenance over that period.
Application 2: Cement Plant.
Screw Conveyor conveying cement clinker at 400 oC with no lubrication.
Problem: Severe failure of hard iron metallic bearings, including galling and sticking of shaft.
Solution: Technox 2000 bearings fitted with no change or surface treatment of shaft material.
Result: Six fold increase in bearing life over the previous combination with no remedial maintenance or problems with the shaft. A significant benefit to a cement plant operating an in-line process.
- Silicon Carbide
- Silicon Nitride
- Machineable Ceramics
- Canning Industry Applications
- Hanger Bearing Applications
- Technox 3000 Welding Location Pins
- Grinding Media
- Wire Industry Applications
- Tube Industry Applications
- Manufacturing Routes
- Extrusion Dies – Technox 500
- Cutting Edges
- Oil Refinery Applications
- Pump & Valve Wear Behaviour
- Solid Handling Wear Parts
- Laser Marking and Machining Services