Hanger Bearing Applications
|Download PDF version|
CoorsTek Crewe, a leader in zirconia advanced ceramic manufacturing, now offers Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association (CEMA) standard dimension and tolerance Hanger Bearings.
These bearings are made from Technox® 2000 grade Y-TZP Zirconia. This formulation provides some of the toughest, strongest and longest lasting ceramics available. Technox 2000 can also be up to 40% stronger than Mg-PSZ material.
Technox 2000 is manufactured to give a very fine microstructure and minimal grain boundary phase to give extremely long life times (and be quiet in-service).
Zirconia ceramic bearings made from Technox 2000 material, provide:
- Major increase in bearing life
- Increase in life of journal and shaft, with a significant reduction in galling
- Potential noise reduction in many applications
- Option to use ceramic liner or replace only bottom bearing
- Manufactured to CEMA standards
CoorsTek Crewe produces the following components for use in screw conveyor hanger bearing systems:
- Traditional solid ceramic, CEMA standard dimension bearing halves
- Hybrid, metal carrier with a ceramic sleeve
- CEMA standard dimension bearing halves
- Sleeves for placement in hybrid bearings or replacement of stellite
Technox 2000 Bearings provide cost effective solutions in abrasive applications. Here are a couple examples:
Application 1: Glass Recycling Plant.
Screwing glass cullett at 50 rpm up a 25 degree incline causes severe wear of steel shaft and cast iron hanger bearing.
Problem: Replacement of bearings every 12 weeks, and shaft every 6-8 months
Solution: Technox 2000 bearings supplied with a recommendation to harden the shaft
Result: Bearings and shaft lasted 3 years with no maintenance over that period.
Application 2: Cement Plant.
Screw conveyor conveying cement clinker at 400 °C with no lubrication.
Problem: Severe failure of hard-iron metallic bearings, including galling and sticking of shaft
Solution: Technox 2000 bearings fitted with no change or surface treatment of shaft material.
Result: Six fold increase in bearing life over the previous combination with no remedial maintenance or problems with the shaft. A significant benefit to a cement plant operating an in-line process.
- Silicon Carbide
- Silicon Nitride
- Machineable Ceramics
- Canning Industry Applications
- Hanger Bearing Applications
- Technox 3000 Welding Location Pins
- Grinding Media
- Wire Industry Applications
- Tube Industry Applications
- Manufacturing Routes
- Extrusion Dies – Technox 500
- Cutting Edges
- Oil Refinery Applications
- Pump & Valve Wear Behaviour
- Solid Handling Wear Parts
- Laser Marking and Machining Services